December Currently

December 2, 2012
It's that time again!! I'm linking up with Farley from 'Oh Boy 4th Grade to bring you this month's Currently...


I love Storage Wars! I love Brandi...Dave is super annoying! LOL! Anyhow, yesterday I bought my team members, all four of them, granola cups with strawberry yogurt! They are all health addicts so it was perfect! They were all shocked & I think I did a great job of filling their "buckets". They filled mine too, it felt so good to do something so random, and so unexpected for them. We've had a very stressful last couple of weeks and more and more it seems like the demands keep increasing, and the resources keep decreasing. 

This is why I've been thinking more and more about quitting the after school program at my school. I've worked it from 3:00- 5:30pm for the last couple of years, and this year has by far been the hardest. First off, they capped our pay, lower than our regular hourly relate (their explanation is because it's a part-time job).

Then we've been having some little "girl drama" about others complaining about their hours and having to attend conferences and losing hours and blah, blah, blah. I've just gotten to the point where I'm so tired of hearing about it, attending meetings after meetings about it, having to do extra assessments for my class (more than what they originally told us), dealing with behavior problems, & more! 

I mean, I deal with all this during my regular workday and what more having to deal with it after school as well. I think I could make the same amount of money if I put more effort into my tpt store...lol!!

I finally told my admin today I was quitting {I posted this on Sunday & came back to edit it} 
and needless to say they were less than thrilled. I refuse to "stick it out" and continue to stress myself out. At the end of the day, it's just not worth it and I feel at peace with my decision. I broke it to my class today and they were a bit sad, but then they got over it quickly when we started to do our Christmas activities :P.
 I told them I'd bring them a little treat on my last day which will be at the end of the month.

I feel very at peace with my decision and I wanted to share these words of inspiration I found on pinterest;

Faith

and 

Always look AHEAD! 

Have a great day friends!!

12 comments

  1. Breakfast treats for your team members seems like a great random act of kindness. Do you know what you are going to make?
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina! Thanks for stopping by! I cheated and stopped by the bakery & bought them strawberry yogurt & granola cups...they were totally surprised! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your random act of kindness--I should do that too! I also became your newest follower--Have a wonderful day.

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your blog...I'm a new follower too :)

      Delete
  3. I found you through the currently! Glad I stumbled upon your blog! I am a fellow Kindergarten Teacher from South Louisiana and look forward to following!

    Come by and check out my blog too if you can!
    Lindsey @ Keeping Up in Kindergarten
    http://keepingupink.blogspot.com/#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I follow your blog too & your tpt store! I love that lil' reindeer craftivity you have :)

      Delete
  4. I vote that you quit the after school program. I love Storage Wars!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly, I did it! I quit today! It feels fantastic!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea for RAK...I gotta do something soon! If you have time stop by my blog and enter my giveaway! ;)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Brigid

    Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog & I'm so excited to be your newest follower. Good for you in quitting after school - after all, the most important thing is taking are of you! Not worth the stress :) I love your RAK idea - I need to come up with something soon!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled upon your blog and your TpT says you are in Hawaii! Where do you teach? I am on Oahu :) I only know 3 other Hawaiian bloggers, and one moving here next month from Florida:) I am glad you made a decision about your after school program. It sounds like you made the right choice:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Corinna! I am in Hilo. My sister lives in Kapolei and I was there in Oahu this past summer. I am hoping to visit her again this summer. I am not originally from here- my hubby just works here but I've definitely grown to love the people & the culture. Hawaii is such a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.